Education and Training Support
“Tomorrow’s leaders will have traditional values, as our leaders of yesteryears. – Emma Willard”
Neskonlith Indian Band recognizes it is fundamental that every Neskonlith Member achieve the best education and employment opportunities. Our Education department is committed to ensuring Members have access to our services to support you in reaching your education and employment goals.
741 Chief Neskonlith Drive
Box 301 Chase BC
Canada, V0E 1M0
T: 250 679 3295
F: 250 679 2968
Neskonlith Indian Band recognizes it is fundamental that every Neskonlith Member achieve the best education and employment opportunities.
NEC provides an enriched environment where Secwepemc and Neskonlith culture and language are woven into the school schedule.
K – 12 Coordinator, Cassandra Kearley
T: 250 679 3295 ext 239
Education Assistance is open to all Neskonlith Band Members and community status members living on Neskonlith lands who are in grades K-12. Students attending school full time from September to June. An allowance may be available to subsidize the cost of school fees and school supplies. To learn more about applying for Education Assistance reference the K-12 Application Form. Please feel free to contact the Education Department is you have any other questions regarding Education K-12 Assistance.
Cassandra Kearley ren skwest, and I am the K-12 Education Coordinator at Neskonlith Indian Band. I am here to actively support students and their guardians in adjusting to school curriculums. I enjoy assisting students with their education and social development needs. I graduated Thomson Rivers University in the Education field in 2018 and continue to have a passion for learning.
Program Coordinator, Charissa Buffalo
T: 250 679 3295 ext 219
Neskonlith Post-Secondary Support Program enables Neskonlith Members gain access to post-secondary education.
To learn more about applying for post-secondary assistance funds reference Post-Secondary application form.
To learn more about financial assistance reference the Post-Secondary Policy.
Neskonlith Indian Band Education Department has previously partnered with Tk’emlups te Secwepemc, and Thompson River’s University to create the Building Capacity and Community through Construction (BCCCT) Trades Program.
This program ran for 2 years (2018 – 2020). 4 components in this Partnership included:
- Essential Skills Upgrading
- Construction Craft Worker
- Carpentry Red Seal Exam Preparation
Carpentry/Joinery Foundations Program
We have also delivered:
- Heavy Equipment Operators / Road Building course in partnership with TRU and graduates completed in May 2022
- BAC / SAGE50 Accounting Program with graduates completing in April 2022
- Assistant Camp Cook and Professional Cook Level 1
- Early Childhood Education Assistant
- Office Assistant Program with Okanagan College, with graduates completing in March 2023
Interim Education Director, Iris Jules
Ph: 250-679-2963, ext 220
Program Assistant, Jaleece Nepoose
Ph: 250-679-2963. Ext 211
Office Assistant, Joanne Buffalo
Ph: 250-679-2963. Ext 211
Neskonlith Education Centre (NEC) Mission
To create a safe and inclusive learning environment that nurtures the courageous learning spirit in all our students through cultural revitalization, innovative land based learning and individualized learning objectives and opportunities. NEC staff, students, all our partners and knowledge keepers commit to honoring and respecting ourselves, each other, the lands, waters and life ways of the Secwepemc.
NEC provides the following services:
- High school education for Grades 8 – 12.
- Adult Dogwood and Upgrading
- Cultural Workshops and Secwepemc Language courses
- Weekly Knowledge Keeper Teachings
- Employability preparation workshops & Training
- On-Site Counselling
- Community Outreach Programs (Tree Planting and Pruning, Hampers for the Elders, Community Cleaning, etc…)
Motivators and Incentives:
- One-on-One Instruction
- Flexible daily schedules, flexible timings
- Monetary Incentives for attendance, weekly schoolwork completion, course completion and grade completion.
- Adult Students Technology Grant